Gluten-Free Southwest Breakfast Casserole
- 15 corn tortillas (8"), cut into 1/2- inch strips
- 4 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage, cooked & drained (I used Neese's Hot Country Sausage)
- 2 cups (8 oz) Shredded Cheddar/Monterery Jack cheese
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. garlic salt
- 1/2 t. onion salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 t. ground cumin
- Sour Cream & Salsa
1. In a greased 13-in x 9-in baking dish, layer half of the tortilla strips, chilies, sausage and cheese. Repeat layers. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk and seasonings (not the paprika) and pour over the cheese. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour & 15 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
This breakfast casserole goes well with a fruit tray or fruit salad to balance out the meal :)