Wednesday, November 19

Autumn Apple Pie...

This is my new favorite apple pie recipe of all time- and I promise it tastes fantastic!
(Recipie modified from Amy B.'s version in the Gooseberry Patch "Taste of Autumn" Cookbook)


  • 4-5 medium red delicious apples (or any other variety), cored, peeled & thinly sliced

  • 3 T. lemon juice

  • 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed

  • 1/2 c. plus 1 T. sugar, divided

  • 2 t. cinnamon

  • 1/4 t. nutmeg

  • 3 T. all-purpose flour

  • 1/4 c. butter, chilled and diced

  • 1/2 bag of caramels (I used the quick melt balls) or 9 caramels, unwrapped & quartered

  • 2 9-inch frozen pie crust (I used a deep dish and 1 that I could spread over it)
Combine apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, butter and caramels. Stir until mixture evenly coats apples. Spoon mixture into the deep dish crust. Cover with second crust; flute edges and vent as desired. Sprinkle remaining sugar over crust. Place on an aluminum foil-covered baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 20 minutes or until the crust is golden.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

hi dear heart. i hope this is who i think it is :-D

MommaP said...

Hello sweets- I am who you think I am ;) I hope all is well and miss you bunches!

Marianne said...

well check out MY blog :)
and dayna's bragging about your pumpkin crunch cake!